Wine vinegar - Pinot GrigioRegular price $15.95
This wine vinegar is made using the Orleans method, developed in the 14th century. To start fermentation, oak barrels of wine are inoculated with a “mother of vinegar” - a cellulose globe loaded with acetic acid bacteria from an established vinegar. Periodically, the vinegar is drawn off and fresh, high quality Pinot Grigio wine is added; the process continues until all the alcohol is converted to acetic acid. This meticulous method results in the tastiest wine vinegar because it gives the aromatic compounds time to develop and mature. Made exclusively by Aceto Varvello in northern Italy, this vinegar is very well suited for pickle brines or to liven up butter-based sauces. Its mild and subtle sweet flavor provides an understated base for delicate citrus dressings.
Notes : 7.1% acidity is the standard in Europe for the best wine vinegars in its category.
Native countryTurin, Italy
The duration of the conversation
To try with
Agrumato Oil: orange
Infused oil: white and black truffle, butter, rosemary, mushrooms & sage, persian lime, Provence herbs, blood orange, harissa, gremolata, coriander & red onion, chipotle, basil
- Use to make a delicious cranberry orange sauce and serve with an oven roasted turkey.
- Try it in your homemade cheese fondue
- Use in embers.
- Combine with medium extra virgin olive oil and Dijon mustard for a Nicoise salad.
- Combine with any high quality extra virgin olive oil or infused olive oil for your favorite salads.
- Use in your favorite “Beurre Blanc” recipe and serve with fish, poultry or vegetables.
- Use in homemade mayonnaise.
- Use to marinate vegetables.
Drizzle with cooked or roasted carrots and sprinkle with Turkish seasoning.