Discover a richness of dark chocolate, enhanced by olive oil flavoured with blood orange, to offer a light and elegant cake.
90 mL (⅓ cup plus 2 tsp) Cocoa powder, 70%, unsweetened, sifted
125 mL (½ cup) Water, boiling
30 mL (2 tbsp) Vanilla extract
375 mL (1 ½ cup) Almond flour, or 125 grams of all-purpose flour
7.5 mL (½ tbsp) Baking soda
0.5 mL (⅛ tsp) Sea salt
150 mL (⅔ cups) Infused extra virgin olive oil - blood orange d’Olive & Balsäm
250 mL (1 cup) Icing sugar
3 units Eggs, large
- Preheat the oven to 162C (325F).
- Lightly oil a 23 cm (9 inch) round pan with olive oil and line with parchment paper.
- Place the sifted cocoa powder in a mixing bowl, add the boiling water and whisk until you obtain a smooth, chocolatey and runny dough. Stir in the vanilla extract, then let it cool.
- In another bowl, combine the flour with baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add olive oil, icing sugar and eggs. Beat vigorously using the palette attachment for 3 minutes, or until a pale, arated and thickened batter is obtained. Gently add the flour mixture and the cocoa mixture, stirring with a spatula in an 8-shaped pattern. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the sides are set and the centre still looks slightly damp. Let cool, in the pan, for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Serve still or cooled with a scoop of lemon olive oil ice cream.
For an extra flourish, you can whip up this recipe by adding a little bit of whipped cream flavoured with one of our balsamic vinegars.
- Whisk, in a mixing bowl, 250 mL (1 cup) of the whipping cream with 15 mL (1 tbsp) of chocolate di Torino or espresso balsamic vinegar.
Olive Oil Ice Cream (upcoming recipe!)
The perfect pair
Take a look at the list of pairing for inspiration. See " The perfect pair! "In the" culinary guide "section or click on the link.