Spicy & sweet marinade
Here is a simple marinade recipe using cayenne extra virgin olive oil and mango balsamic vinegar . This marinade gives a balanced flavor of sweetness, spiciness and fruitiness to your dishes. It is particularly delicious with grilled meats, shrimp or even grilled vegetables. Do not hesitate to adjust the quantities of extra virgin olive oil with cayenne and balsamic vinegar with mango according to the quantity of ingredients to marinate or your tastes. Enjoy your food!
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) Extra virgin olive oil pressato - Cayenne
- 60 mL (1/4 cup ) Balsamic white vinegar - Italian mango
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Honey
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) Salt
- 7.5 mL (1/2 tbsp) Black pepper, ground
- In a bowl, combine the cayenne olive oil, mango balsamic vinegar, honey, minced garlic, salt and black pepper. Use a whisk to mix the ingredients well until they are homogeneous. Then transfer to a resealable plastic bag or airtight container.
- Add the pieces of meat, fish or vegetables you wish to marinate to the bag or container with the marinade. Make sure the ingredients are well coated with the marinade.
- Seal bag or container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or several hours to allow flavors to develop.
- Remove marinade ingredients and lightly drain excess marinade. You can use the leftover marinade as a sauce to drizzle foods while cooking or for serving.
- Cook the marinated ingredients according to your preference, whether on the pan, on the grill, in the oven or otherwise.