Roasted walnut oilRegular price $5.95
Our hand-roasted walnut oil comes from California, extracted from English walnuts, also known as Persian walnuts. It was made according to traditional French methods preserved for 150 years. The nuts are slowly roasted to perfection, pressed with an expeller and then the oil is lightly filtered. This oil is cholesterol free, rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids. The rich and sophisticated flavor of toasted California nuts is exceptionally tasty and adds an elegant aroma and flavor to salad dressings and baked goods.
It is exceptionally delicious when combined with raspberry and pomegranate balsamic vinegar. We also recommend it over grilled or steamed vegetables, leafy winter vegetables and ravioli.
California, United States
Temperature for cooking
Medium - high Stir-fry - baked
To try with
White vinegar: apricot, bianco, coconut
Dark vinegar: blackcurrant, black cherry, Gala apple, plum, blackberry & ginger, Di Torino chocolate, cinnamon & pear, Naples herbs, Italian espresso
- Combine with pomegranate balsamic vinegar and mild Super Premium extra virgin oil for a grated Brussels sprout salad.
- Drizzle over creamy summer or winter squash soup before serving.
- Combine with your favorite black balsamic, a little Dijon mustard and a medium Super Premium extra virgin oil on a chickpea salad with avocado, cucumber and diced cherry tomatoes.
- For an unforgettable side dish, use walnut oil to quickly sauté the kale and toss it with quinoa, dried cherries (or cranberries), chopped walnuts, and fresh herbs.
- Toss with plum vinegar for a salad of roasted beets and watercress.
- Drizzle over a spaghetti squash and garnish with crumbled goat cheese.
- Use to finish the roasted carrot and lentil soup.