Dark balsamic vinegar - Traditional 18 yearsRegular price $5.95
Made in Modena, Italy and inspired by rare 18-year-old lots of Balsamico Tradizionale di Reggio Emilia, our traditional 18-year-old black balsamic has everything you would expect in a world-class balsamic: the perfect balance and structure of sweet and sour, prune and caramel notes with a creamy texture that extends into a long finish. Made with an exceptionally high percentage of Italian Lambrusco, Sangiovese and Trebbiano grapes which are slowly cooked to create a grape must base of the highest quality. The must is then combined with barrel-aged Sangiovese wine vinegar to start the acetification process. The end result is the most premium example of a very high quality balsamic condiment that pairs well with almost any olive oil in our store.
Native countryModena, Italy
To try with
Infused oil: basil, black and white truffle, blood orange, chipotle, persian lime, Provence herbs, coriander & red onion, gremolata, harissa, porcini mushrooms & sage, rosemary, butter.
- Combine it with any olive oil to add complexity, depth and sweetness to dressings and marinades.
- It is an exceptional complement to fine cheeses, charcuterie boards and caprese salad.
- Use it to finish tomato-based soups or sauces.
- Drizzle it over grilled or oven-roasted fish, we particularly like it with grilled salmon.
- Use it as a glaze for grilled meats and vegetables.
- Try it on flatbread with caramelized onions and brie.
- Drizzle over fresh fruit, ice cream, Greek yogurt and pastries. It makes a brilliant decoration when added to homemade jams and compotes.
- It's simply the easiest way to add bold flavor to any dish.